Background

Sunday, August 4, 2013

Planning: August 4 - 9, 2013

So.
We spent most of this past week eating out.  There are a few problems with this.  One, it's wicked expensive.  Two, everything's fried.  I don't want to see fries again for a good long time.  Three, there are few vegetables.  See point Two.  And Four, it's wicked expensive.
As a result, and due to the fact that I have a stove currently and no workmen here until Tuesday, I've come up with a plan that hopefully will incorporate a few more vegetables, a few more meals at home, and a whole lot less fries.  I've pinned a bunch of things recently that I'm hoping to make using the crock pot and the grill.  Here's a round up of what's on the menu on the mountain this week:

Lunches
We're finding it hard to make it to the basement to put something together when the fridge is in the middle of the activity for the reno.  Broccoli Pesto Pasta, Baked Beans, and leftovers are on the menu.

Dinner
We will be grilling this week, with a side of grilled zucchini and a warm potato salad, I'm also hoping to make Chicken Taco bowls, and Crockpot Beef Gyros.  I also have decided that I want to try making pizza on the grill!  Wish me luck.

as for dessert, we're working on the Nutella loaf, and I have discovered something at Costco: Laura Secord Chocolate Mousse.  If nothing else, the chocolate will see us through.

Right.  Chocolate.

No comments:

Post a Comment