Background

Thursday, August 1, 2013

Pintertest Kitchen: Nutella Swirl Pound Cake

So.
I have no kitchen right now.  The cabinets are gone.  The cat is living in our bedroom with a relocated litter box, food dishes and cat tree so she can be Queen of the neighbourhood.  The floor has been ripped out, and my fridge is in my dining room.  The floor in the dining room will come out later when the living room carpet is ripped out.  Our kitchen designers say the whole process will take about 3 weeks, barring any crazy things.  So far, nothing has been crazy (fingers crossed).  Just a whole lot of inconvenient and miffed feline who is only let out to explore when all the workers who might leave the door open have gone.
I'm BBQing a lot, and washing dishes in my laundry sink.  But I also spent some time baking before this process started so we'd still have sweet treats during the renovations.  One of the things I made was this loaf, which I'd pinned:
Nutella and pound cake in one simple package.  How could this possibly be bad?
I present to you now Sally's Baking Addiction's Nutella Swirl Poundcake:


Ingredients:
1 c butter, softened
1 c sugar
4 eggs, beaten lightly
2 tsp vanilla
1-1/2 c flour
3/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
1-1/3 c Nutella (the small jar)

Method:
1.  Heat oven to 325 F.  Grease a standard sized loaf pan.  Stir together flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt in a medium bowl until well combined.  In a second bowl, beat eggs with vanilla.
2.  Cream butter and sugar, beating until light and fluffy.  Add eggs and vanilla, continuing to beat until smooth.  With the mixer on low, add flour mixture, mixing only until fully incorporated.  Do not overmix.
3.  Spread 1/3 of the cake mixture in the bottom of the loaf pan.  Top with half the Nutella.  Continue with cake batter, the remaining Nutella, and finish with batter.
4.  Bake at 325 F for 60-75 minutes, tenting with foil if the top becomes too brown.  Allow to cool in the pan before unmolding and storing in an airtight container.
From Sally's Baking Addiction

Yep, stoneware and a bottle of Nutella.  Buh-bye ugly counter!
I have to admit, I didn't use the whole jar of Nutella.  But a very good layer went in both times.  I heart Nutella.  And the extra I've been eating for breakfast.  Yum.
Into the oven it went.  The oven isn't ugly.  It just needs to be cleaned.  The convection oven stays!
Yum!  When I took this out of the pan, no Nutella was visible.  It's hiding all hints of the yumminess within.












Yep, I may have no kitchen, but there are still baked goods to be had!












Today, I'm totally Keeping up with the Johnsons.  You should too!

2 comments:

  1. So I feel like you should automatically win the giveaway for Pintertest Kitchening without a kitchen. And I don't even love Nutella and this looks delish. Well done, friend. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love Nutella, I'll totally be trying this recipe out.
    Hope the remodel is on schedule, and you are able to get your kitchen back soon. :)

    ReplyDelete