Background

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Cadbury Mini Egg Blondies

So.
I went to the dentist today.  I was told that I have healthy teeth, but I have an old filling that needs to be replaced as the decay begins to form around the edges of it.  The only reason I mention this is because my dentist wouldn't be thrilled with this dessert.
I was cruising Pinterest and saw this picture and fell in love.  I love Cadbury chocolate.  Especially in mini egg form.  The crunchy shell, the smooth chocolate...it's all swoon worthy.  I bought the family size bag to make these this weekend at the grocery store, and J was disappointed when I used the whole thing in the blondies.  He was only disappointed until I sliced these and served them warm with a glass of milk.
Then we both swooned.
I present to you now Chef in Training's Cadbury Mini Egg Blondies:


Ingredients:
2 c flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 c butter, melted
1/2 c white sugar
1 c packed brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 egg
1 egg yolk
2 c mini chocolate eggs

Method:
1.  Preheat oven to 325F, and grease a 9x9 baking pan.
2.  Sift together flour, baking soda and salt.  Set aside.
3.  Beat together butter and sugars until well combined.  Add eggs and vanilla.  Beat until creamy.
4.  Slowly add flour until a stiff dough forms.  Fold in mini eggs.
5.  Press into 9x9 pan and bake for 40 minutes until golden.  Let cool 30 minutes before slicing.
 From Chef in Training

The dough was stiffer than I expected.  Folding the eggs in was difficult, if not impossible.The ratio of dough to eggs is also rather low. 
I dumped the dough into the greased pan and distributed the eggs through the dough.  I found there were places where there would be pockets of eggs with no dough.  I would split that up and redistribute the eggs through the dough.
Here are the blondies, out of the oven.  They smelled wonderful.
And they tasted just as good with a glass of cold milk. 
Swoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment