I realized recently that I hadn't made anything from Looneyspoons in a while. We've been eating a lot of simple, quick prep meals recently as work has been crazy. Meals have been things like baked ham, or burgers, or grilled chicken and veggies. I made a stir fry one night with a bag of precut vegetables and chicken fillets. My goal with J is to eat out not more than twice a week - usually on Friday or Saturday.
When looking through my fridge to see what needed to be used up from the week, I found a lot of little bits and pieces. Then I found this recipe that would use up some of the leftover bits. While it's not quite the original recipe, my inspiration is for sure the Looneyspoons version. I just didn't like some of the vegetables, and had an agenda for things I was using up.
I present to you now the Oreos and Coolwhip version of Looneyspoons Unsurpasta Pizza:
6 oz. uncooked whole wheat fettucineAdapted from Looneyspoons
2 egg whites
1/4 c milk
2 Tbsp grated Parmesan Cheese
2 c broccoli florets, cut small and cooked
1/2 onion, finely chopped
1/2 c pizza sauce
3 oz cooked ham, chopped
1/2 c shredded old cheddar cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350 F. Cook fettucine according to package directions. Rinse well with cold water.
2. While the pasta is cooking, Whisk together egg, whites, milk and Parmesan cheese. Add cooked pasta and mix to coat.
3. Grease a 9" pie plate (or use your stoneware pan that needs no greasing). Pour in pasta mixture and spread evenly.
4. Spread pizza sauce over pasta, then top with onion, ham, broccoli and cheese.
5. Bake pizza at 350F for 30 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before slicing and serving.