Background

Friday, September 5, 2014

Bride of Magazine Challenge: Garlic Marinated Chicken

So.
I started making this marinade in the summer because it was part of the Bride of Magazine Challenge.  I continued to make it because it's delicious.
I haven't spent as much time in front of the grill as I might have liked to this summer, but the things that we have had have been good.  I didn't even manage to get out our skewers or the vegetable grilling basket.  With things like burgers on the menu, neither of those get much use.
What I like about grilling is that the cleanup is quick.  Being able to put meat in marinade and leave it for a bit while I prep everything else is also nice.  This recipe is actually a part of a larger recipe which I haven't made - the potatoes and vegetables sound good, but I just haven't done it.  The marinade though?  Delicious.
I present to you now from the July/August 2006 issue of Everyday Food, Garlic Marinated Chicken:

Ingredients:2-4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
2 Tbsp oil
4 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 c white vinegar
1 tsp herbs de Provence
Salt and Pepper, to taste
Method:
1.  In a glass bowl, mix together oil, garlic, vinegar, herbs, salt and pepper.  Add chicken, turning to coat.  Let sit at room temperature 10-30 minutes.
2.  Preheat grill, oiling grates before lifting chicken from the marinade and grilling until browned and cooked through.  
From Everyday Food, July/August 2006 

It's not a great picture, but the garlic smelled really good!  I covered this dish and let the chicken marinate while I prepped the rest of the meal.
But doesn't it look yummy when it's done?  With foil grilled potatoes and broccoli, it's a delicious, fast meal.  And how can we not like those?

No comments:

Post a Comment