Background

Saturday, March 1, 2014

Planning: Bride of Magazine Challenge, March Edition

So.
Today is the 1st day of March.  I can't say that I'm sorry to see February go, what with the snow and ice, the cold, and the incredible stress of the past 28 days.  At the end of this coming week, I'll be off for a week and I can hardly wait.  I like March with its melting and longer days.  I also like that March gives me a chance to spend some time cooking on my time off.
The March 2006 issue of Everyday Food I was thinking seemed like things I wouldn't make when I first perused it.  The In Season vegetable is celery.  Of course, my first thought is the Simpsons, and Lisa's saying, "I'm so stuffed up, I can't even enjoy Mom's delicious boiled celery."  The week's worth of dinners didn't really appeal to me either- either flavours or foods that I'm not really fond of.
When I started writing my list of 6 to try, however, I came up with 8.  That was counting a menu.  March is looking up.  Here's what I thought to try in March:
  • Steel Cut Oats:  I'm still working on eating breakfast in the morning.  We'll see what we think.
  • Chocolate Pecan Pie Bars:  These look amazing.  I'm not betting J will say he doesn't like these, but when I read the recipe, I hope he does.
  • Parmesan Crusted Chicken Cutlets:  This looks like a quick weeknight dinner recipe.
  • Classic Tomato Soup:  I'm thinking for lunch the week I'm off.  This looks easy and yummy.
  • Spaghetti Carbonara:  I always loved this when I lived in France.  I've never really tried to make it though.
  • Spicy Lemon Spinach:  I'm thinking this with the chicken.
  • Weekend Menu:  This is actually a few things - a sausage lasagna, garlic bread, salad and coffee tartufo.  I won't make the garlic bread, and I don't like the looks of the salad, but I want to make the rest for next Saturday night when we're having friends in.
  • Mexican Wedding Cakes:  These look good, but I'm not totally sure.  There are other baked goods to try.
There are 9 recipes!  It's going to be a busy month.

No comments:

Post a Comment