Background

Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Breakfast Treat: Bonnie's Blueberry Muffins

So.
The last time I was home for a holiday, we decided to have brunch.  I made the Southwest Scramble that I used for the Pintertest Kitchen last week.  J decided it wasn't enough.  He felt that just the scramble wouldn't be enough to be a meal.  He decided this about an hour before I was going to make the scramble.  On a holiday.  So we were stuck with what I could find in the house.
When you're looking for something that you probably have all the ingredients to make, Taste of Home is a pretty safe place to look.  The recipes are easy, accessible, and yummy.  I went there to search for blueberry muffins when I decided that they would be the easiest thing to make fast on a holiday morning.
I like blueberry muffins, other than they always seem to turn grey because I use frozen fruit.  These are no exception.  But they baked up golden brown and delicious.  They were wonderful warm.
I present to you now from Taste of Home, Bonnie's Blueberry Muffins:


Ingredients:
2 c flour
2/3 c sugar
3 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
2 eggs
1 c milk
1/3 c butter, melted
1 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp vanilla
2 c blueberries

Method:
1.  Preheat oven to 375F.  Line 12 muffin tins with paper liners, or grease well.
2.  In a large bowl, stir together the dry ingredients.  In another bowl, beat eggs before adding milk, butter and vanilla.  Add to the dry ingredients and stir until moistened.
3.  Fill liners 2/3 full, and bake at 375F for 20-25 minutes, until golden brown.
From Taste of Home

One of the things that J brought into our relationship was this set of pyrex bowls.  I love them.  They were perfect for this recipe, seeing as I needed 3 bowls if you include one for measuring blueberries.  Plus, they can go in the dishwasher when you're done.
 See?  Greyish batter.  But it doesn't affect how they taste.  I also found that to make 12 I overfilled the liners.  But it made for good, large muffins.
See?  Big and delicious.  I don't make muffins a lot, but I like them.  Especially when they're fresh out of the oven.  These totally fit the bill, and were delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment