Background

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Magazine Challenge: April Planning

So.
I realized something while perusing the April EDF issue.  In the 3 issues so far this year, until I started the Magazine Challenge, I had never made a single recipe from any of these magazines.  I got EDF for 6 years.  I have all of them.  WHAT WAS I DOING WITH THIS MAGAZINE IF I WASN'T MAKING ANYTHING?
I don't get it.  I mean, I do.  I love magazines.  I love to look at them.  But the amount of money I've sunk into them and I haven't made anything.  That's a little crazy.  So in that sense, this is just as well.  I'm also starting to get excited at the end of the month to look through the next issue and pick out things to make.  April is a winner.
I have selected 8+ recipes for April that look yummy.  Once again, I like the looks of the Freeze It! recipe and the ways to use it.  There were also lots of things that I suggested to J that he liked the sound of.  Here's a run-down on what's up in my kitchen this coming month, plus the other assorted things I make in the course of a month:
1.  Garlic Pepper Sauce, along with the ways to use it in a variety of Tex-Mex dishes.
2.  Salmon with Asparagus and Potatoes
3.  Chicken with Paprika Sauce
4.  Chicken with Olives and Sundried Tomatoes
5.  Southwestern Meatloaf Burgers
6.  Blueberry-Peach Crumbles
7.  Warm German Potato Salad
8.  Chocolate Ricotta Pudding
That looks good.  J's excited.  I'm ready for a great month.

1 comment:

  1. I so get it. I do the same thing. Once upon a time, I did make stuff out of EDF, but lately the internets have been so much easier. It's also awesome to be able to pull up the recipe link and send it to my husband and say, "can you prep this stuff while your lunch cooks??" (he works from home).

    One thing I did love in EDF was their "Grocery Bag" series (I think that's what it's called) -where they plan a week of meals for you and some ingredients overlap. We did that a few times and always found at least one keeper. I really should go back and peruse them. I too have boxes full!

    ReplyDelete