I realized something while perusing the April EDF issue. In the 3 issues so far this year, until I started the Magazine Challenge, I had never made a single recipe from any of these magazines. I got EDF for 6 years. I have all of them. WHAT WAS I DOING WITH THIS MAGAZINE IF I WASN'T MAKING ANYTHING?
I don't get it. I mean, I do. I love magazines. I love to look at them. But the amount of money I've sunk into them and I haven't made anything. That's a little crazy. So in that sense, this is just as well. I'm also starting to get excited at the end of the month to look through the next issue and pick out things to make. April is a winner.
I have selected 8+ recipes for April that look yummy. Once again, I like the looks of the Freeze It! recipe and the ways to use it. There were also lots of things that I suggested to J that he liked the sound of. Here's a run-down on what's up in my kitchen this coming month, plus the other assorted things I make in the course of a month:
1. Garlic Pepper Sauce, along with the ways to use it in a variety of Tex-Mex dishes.That looks good. J's excited. I'm ready for a great month.
2. Salmon with Asparagus and Potatoes
3. Chicken with Paprika Sauce
4. Chicken with Olives and Sundried Tomatoes
5. Southwestern Meatloaf Burgers
6. Blueberry-Peach Crumbles
7. Warm German Potato Salad
8. Chocolate Ricotta Pudding