Background

Saturday, December 8, 2012

Planning: December 8-14, 2012

I don't know if this is a good thing or not.  I've planned a really good sounding week, that's rather long looking on paper, and that relies heavily on new recipes.  While I'm thinking about my cookbook challenge for the new year and what I want to do, I'm still burning through The Looneyspoons Collection and loving it.  Once again, my week is based upon that book.  We'll see how we do. Here's my thinking:

Saturday:  leftover crockpot Chicken Parmesan.  I made this Thursday, and it's delicious.  It was from Pinterest, but I didn't bread the chicken or truly follow the recipe.  It made a darn tasty dinner though.  I'm also making a Banana chocolate chip pecan bread pudding this afternoon.  It makes a 9x13 pan.  We'll eat this for days.
Sunday:  Smoky Chicken Corn Chowder for lunch, Salmon burgers for dinner.  Both Looneyspoons, both intriguing.  The chowder I'll use for lunch this coming week.  The burgers makes 6.  I'll freeze 4 for use later.
Monday:  Tacos.  Old El Paso.  Easy.
Tuesday:  Baked Chicken Drumsticks in a Honey Mustard Sauce, rice and veg. 
Wednesday:  Leftover chicken drumsticks
Thursday:  Macaroni and Cheese and Sausage.  This is a simple comfort-food dinner.  After a bunch of new things, it's a change of pace.
Friday:  My staff party, and I'm not taking J.  It's in the opposite direction.  He'll probably order pizza.

Beyond this, I need to start making Christmas-type stuff.  Nuts and Bolts, fudge, cookies....we'll see what happens this week.  Now that Dancing with the Stars is over, and there's nothing really on TV, there's time in the evening.  I need to decide what I'm making.
We'll see how we do.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment