Background

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Planning: August 7-12, 2012

First, Happy Anniversary to my parents, who don't read my blog!!  41 years is impressive!  If J and I make it 41 years, he will be 83.  I will be 75.  Wow.
Enough of that.  On to cooking.
This week, we're in crunch mode for cleaning out the freezer.  I have taken stock, and it's crazy what I keep in my freezer.  I have enough nuts to last a long, long time.  I think I found 2 zucchini breads in the bottom.  I keep working on using up the meat I've bought.  I decided not to refreeze my ice cream maker, and I've removed a basket.  I want to remove the other basket by next week, and be in a position to unplug and defrost.  We'll see.
This week, we're here, and we're both working on the healthy while using things up.  It's a bit of a mish mash, depending on what my true goal is.  That would be cleaning out the freezer.  Ahem.

Tuesday:  Greek Shepherd's Pie and salad from the Looney Spoons cookbook.  It sounds tasty.  Probably Peach Sherbet for dessert.

Wednesday:  Grilled Sesame Soy Salmon, rice, vegetables, and salad.  I've promised J we'll eat fish once a week.  Upsidedown Black Forest Cakes for me.

Thursday:  Leftover Shepherd's Pie

Friday:  Shake n Bake chicken drumsticks, potato wedges, vegetables and salad.

Saturday:  Grilled Steak, baked potatoes, vegetables, and salad.

Sunday:  Leftover Chicken

Lunches this week will be sandwiches, pitas, and possibly hot dogs, seeing as I want them out of my freezer; along with assorted vegetables and fruit.

Good plan.  We'll have to see how it comes together.

No comments:

Post a Comment