Background

Monday, April 30, 2012

Pinteractive: Nutella Bundt Cake

This is my Pinteractive post for the week.  Click on the badge over there ------> to go to Nanette's blog and see all the Pinteractive posts!

So.
I was flipping through pins on Pinterest and discovered one for making your own processed cheese, which I immediately pinned because J loves the stuff and I think it's an evil chemical soup.  When I clicked through to the blog and started poking around, I was struck by how many things I wanted to make immediately from From Away including chicken shack chicken, which I have always wanted to try yet never have at our own Southern BBQ joint.
But - the first thing I pinned after the process cheese pin was this cake.  It looked divine.  Make sure to read Jillian's notes about Nutella because they encapsulate so much of what I loved about my time as an exchange student in France.  And a good deal about what I will never tell my parents about that year.
I present to you now From Away's Nutella Bundt Cake:

Ingredients:
2-3/4 c all purpose flour
2-1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 c butter, softened
2 c sugar
4 large eggs
1 cup Nutella
1 cup milk

Method:
1.  Preheat oven to 350F. Grease and flour a bundt pan.

2.  In a large bowl, whisk to combine flour, baking powder, and salt. In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream sugar into the butter until light in color and fluffy in texture, about three minutes. Add one egg at a time, then the Nutella. Pour in half the dry ingredient mixture, half the milk, the rest of the dry ingredients and the rest of the milk; mix until just combined.

3.  Spread the batter into prepared bundt pan and bake for 45-55 minutes. Top with confectioner’s sugar, or a dollop of whipped cream, to really gild the lily.
From From Away

I bought a stoneware bundt cake from Pampered Chef probably 10 years ago.  I don't use it a lot, but I'm always glad I have it when I want it.  This recipe filled it, and as usual, I found it hard to gauge when the cake was done.  Not that the cake ended up overcooked, but it's a difficult balance.  I find stoneware so versatile, and clean up is a dream.  You just need the room to store stoneware pieces, which can be a pain.
I don't know if I didn't grease the pan well enough, or if the cake just stuck because I was serving it to company and there is no icing on this cake.  So it wasn't perfect.  But no one at the table really cared.  This is a lovely cake - dense, Nutella-y, and I served it still warm.  What's not to love?  I'd make this again.
As you can see, I gilded the lily.  I recommend that you do the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment