Background

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Dinner with Friends: 4 Cheese Italiano Chicken Bake

So.
Before starting this blog, I posted no recipes, but pictures of my dinner on Facebook with alarming regularity.  Frankly, taking pictures for posting to Facebook was the.  best.  use.  ever.  of my blackberry.  I would post what we were having and let the comments roll.  There were the usual, "Oh, that looks good"s or "What's in that?"s, but my friend Carrie kept joking that I should make her dinner.  I told her that I should too, and invited her, her husband and 2 girls for dinner...in JULY.
It is now March.  We had them for dinner on Saturday.  But, you know, the good thing is we finally got around to having dinner.  J was thrilled that there was another boy coming for dinner, and I was thrilled to be making good on my resolution to have more company in for dinner.
Apparently Carrie's husband was concerned that I would make eggplant lasagne...but I didn't.  I made this.  It's super easy, super yummy, and probably high in sodium, but I totally don't care.  I don't make this a lot, just like I don't cook with or drink wine a lot.  That was good too.
I present to you now the 4 Cheese Italiano Chicken bake:

Ingredients:
1 pkg. Stuffing Mix for Chicken
1 can condensed cream of chicken soup
1/2 c dry white wine
4 small boneless skinless chicken breasts (1 lb./450 g)
1-1/2 c Italian blend shredded cheese

Method:
1.  Heat oven to 400F.
2.  Prepare stuffing mix as directed on package. Mix soup and wine.
3.  Place chicken in 13x9-inch baking dish; top with cheese, soup mixture and stuffing.
4.  Bake 30 min. or until chicken is done.
From Kraft Canada

 This is a really forgiving dish.  I've made it twice. I have made it once with broth, and once with the white wine it called for.  I also used a Riesling/ Gewurztraminer blend that I had in the cupboard with no ill results.  I also made it one evening, covered it with foil in the fridge and had J pop it in the oven 45 minutes before I was to be home late one night.  Steamed broccoli is a nice foil too.
 I just wish mine looked like the Kraft picture.  But frankly, picture or no, I'd make it again.  So tasty!

No comments:

Post a Comment