Background

Friday, April 6, 2012

Dinner with Friends: Jewelled Layered Salad

So.
Keeping with the theme of what I served for dinner when friends came, I present to you this salad.
I originally made this salad to take to family Christmas 2011.  I took home an empty bowl.  I thought it was so pretty in the pictures in the magazine, and you could put it together before going, and combined a whole bunch of things I loved in one bowl.  Other people thought it was tasty too.
As opposed to Christmas with 25 other people, there were only 4 of us eating this Saturday night.  The 6 year olds each ate 1 leaf of spinach.  We had some apples and cranberries left in the bottom of the bowl with some dressing.  I plan to add new spinach and almonds tomorrow to mix and stir.  It will still be good.
I present to you now Kraft's Layered Jewelled Spinach Salad:

Ingredients:
2 Granny Smith apples, cored and chopped
2 Tbsp. lemon juice
1/2 c dried cranberries
8 c packed baby spinach leaves
1 c Shredded Parmesan Cheese.
1/2 c Pure Kraft Refrigerated Creamy Balsamic Dressing
1 c red onion rings
1/2 c chopped roasted almonds

Method:
1.  Toss apples with lemon juice; drain. Place in 4-L glass bowl. Add cranberries; mix lightly.
2.  Layer with spinach, cheese, dressing and onions.

3.  Refrigerate 4 hours. Add nuts just before serving; mix lightly.
 From Kraft Canada

I love the sweet/salty/tart flavours in this, with the crunch of the almonds.  Somehow, I managed to forget a picture once the almonds made it into the salad.  Go figure.  But I did take a picture of the layers.
Yum.

No comments:

Post a Comment