Background

Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Swap Reveal! (Or, Where I Reveal Myself as a Bad Swap Partner)

So.
I signed up to do CuppaKim's mug swap.  I haven't done a swap in years, the last time being when I was still a regular contributor to the Cooking Light Bulletin Boards.  Frankly, the last swap I did there ended poorly when the bottles broke on the way to their recipient.  But that was a while ago, and perhaps I'm older, wiser, and a better packer than then.
I am older.
I considered...I planned...and planned so long that I realized after the deadline to mail that I was still in posession of the mugs and candle I had purchased to send.  Do you know how much it costs to send priority mail?  I call it a user fee for procrastination.  Sigh.  I checked the tracking, and I'm still not sure it will be there in time.  Oh, and I found the note that I wrote sitting on the table in my office the next day when I went into my office.  Rachel, I'm sorry.  I hope everything arrives in one piece.  This is why I shouldn't swap.  Good intentions are not all they're cracked up to be.
HOWEVER.
I did arrive home to a lovely box all the way from Christine M in Alberta one super rainy day this past week.
Here is the snazzy packaging, including the card that was with it.  (Thankfully, Christine saw my tweet...I had no way to tell her that it arrived)  I love polka dots.  So, so much.
Inside was a snazzy mug that will be joining me at work, some hot chocolate, coffee, and a couple of hand made dishcloths.  So tightly packed that nothing would break.
So thanks Christine!  And thanks CuppaKim for a fun swap!
Mug Swap!

2 comments:

  1. that TRIANGLE mug. amaze. seriously.
    hopefully the mug you sent arrives soon! :)
    and the dish towels are BRILLIANT for packing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Much agreed...tea towels for packing S-M-A-R-T! It is all just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete