Background

Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Magazine Challenge: May Planning

Ugh. 
April kicked my butt.
While I made a list and checked it twice, I have yet to make anything from April's issue.  Sigh.  The best laid plans and all that.  But I will persevere and  get back to April, I'm sure.  There are lots of yummy things to make. 
Frankly, I had a Pinterest kind of month and made lots of new things from there.  So many recipes, so little time!  Tomorrow is the first Thursday of the month, and I have a new thing to share for Pintertest Kitchen, but then I'm hoping to dive a little further into the magazines and get some things MADE!
To this end, I have chosen the 6 recipes out of the May 2005 issue, and in even more exciting news, I have already made one of them!  I also have everything to make another one this weekend for Home Church.  The sun is shining, the birds are singing, the flowers are blooming, and I'm excited about cooking!  It's all good.
Here are the recipes that I hope to share soon:
  1. Spinach Pie
  2. Beef and Scallion Stirfry
  3. Creamy Fettuccine with Asparagus
  4. Fudgy Brownies
  5. Glazed Lemon Pound Cake
  6. Pork Chops with Rhubarb-Cherry Sauce (If I make this, it will be when J's away and my mom's here at the end of the month)
  7. Rhubarb Muffins
  8. Spicy Cheese Crisps
Looks good, right?  It's not all dessert, but a nice cross section.  June has its own issue, but then there's July/August combined.  I need to get some things made.  We'll see how it goes.


No comments:

Post a Comment