Background

Friday, February 8, 2013

Yummy: Marla's Maple Pork

So.
A while ago, pork tenderloin was a really good price at the store and I stocked up.  Like, I bought 6 packages stocked up.  Not that I had any clue what the plan was, but I was ready.  Enter a weekend where I didn't want to go out, and no plan.  I knew there was pork tenderloin, if I could just find something to do with it. 
I grabbed my Looneyspoons Collection, and it didn't take long to find something to do with it.  I present to you now Marla's Maple Pork:


Ingredients:
1-1/2 lbs pork tenderloin
1/2 c maple syrup
2 Tbsp each soy sauce and ketchup
1 Tbsp dijon mustard
2 tsp orange zest
1-1/2 tsp each curry powder and ground coriander
2 tsp minced garlic
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce

Method:
1.  Trim pork of all visible fat.  Combine all other ingredients in a large, heavy-duty ziploc bag.  Add pork, seal bag, and turn to coat.  Marinate in refrigerator for 1 hour.
2.  Transfer pork and marinade to a small roasting pan or baking dish.  Roast, uncovered at 350F for 40 minutes. 
3.  Let stand 5 minutes to rest before carving.  Slice thinly, and drizzle extra sauce over pork.
From The Looneyspoons Collection

You know what struck me first about this marinade?  There's no oil in it.  But it smells amazing.  I loved the orange and the curry powder. 
Here is the pork coming out of the oven.  The marinade thickened well, and it smelled even better.  After a while, it's hard not to think that Looneyspoons is really just a book of amazing smelling food.  There have been some winners.
It was a fantastic dinner.  The leftovers were even better.  Definitely worth stocking up when pork tenderloin goes on sale.

No comments:

Post a Comment