Background

Sunday, August 3, 2014

Planning: August 3-8, 2014

So.
Now that we're back and doing stuff again, it's time to start cooking again.  My mother and I traded produce this weekend:  I bought her sour cherries for making pies (there weren't any in her part of the world, but I got them in a 10 lb pail at the grocery store), and she bought me my dill pickle making supplies.  I brought the dill home, put it in a juice jug of water and put it up on the top of the china cabinet so the cat can't nibble on it.  She now stands in the dining room on the table, looking at the top of the china cabinet and crying.  She's not spoiled in the slightest.
I'm also planning to start the freezing plan this week, so we're making some extra to freeze.  Here are the plans here on the mountain this week about what we'll be eating:

Sunday:

  • Lunch - Leftover Tandoori-Style Chicken burgers (recipe tomorrow.  They're stunning!) and lime cheesecake bars
  • Dinner - We were commenting the other day that we hadn't had chili dogs in a while, so we're having Rudy's 
Monday:
  • Lunch - Easy, because I'm making pickles this morning. I'm thinking sandwiches.  Although when I look at this, that's 3 meals in a row of sandwiches.
  • Dinner - Garlic Marinated Chicken with grilled potatoes and asparagus
Tuesday:
  • Lunch - Bean burritos, seeing as I'm making them for the freezer
  • Dinner - Goat Cheese and Sundried Tomato Pasta and Garlic bread
Wednesday:
  • Lunch - Frittata.  It's amazing what I unearthed while cleaning out the top of the fridge.  I have a couple of single slices of ham that I think will be best chopped and use in this way.
  • Dinner - Tex-Mex Beef Enchiladas.   I'm making a double batch to freeze
Thursday:
  • Lunch - Wonton Soup.  I keep threatening to make this.  I might actually get that far this week.
  • Dinner - Leftover Enchiladas
Friday:
  • Lunch - Leftover Soup
  • Dinner - Chicken Fajita Salad and Garlic Bread
Dessert:
I want to make Cherry Pecan Streusel mini loaves, Peanut Butter Chocolate Ice Cream, Raspberry Buckle, and Chocolate Ricotta Icebox Cake. The loaves are for freezing for later, but the rest is for eating.

I think it will be a great week if we can stay on track.  We'll see how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment