It's time for a new month of the #BookClubCookbookCC! Thanks to our leader, Camilla from Culinary Adventures with Camilla, I'm so excited to be hosting again. I'm even more excited that we're giving away not one but two copies of the cookbook! But let's start at the beginning.
This month, I invite you to join us and read Joanne Harris' Chocolat.
I've seen the film...but I haven't finished the book yet. After report cards and our move (which is complete...not that I can find anything). The movie is wonderful. I don't see how the book won't be too.
Read it, and make Hot Cocoa, totally not the drink for this time of year, except maybe breakfast. But this would be delicious. Homemade hot cocoa is always the best. Read, make a recipe, and enter the giveaway. It really is that simple. Everything you need to know is after the jump.
I present to you now from the Book Club Cookbook by Judy Gelman and Vicki Levy Krupp, Hot Cocoa:
Ingredients:From the Book Club Cookbook, Revised Edition
1 c boiling water
1/4 c cocoa powder
2-4 Tbsp sugar
1/8 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/16 tsp ground cloves or nutmeg
3 c scalded milk
1. Scald the milk: In a heavy bottomed pan, heat milk over low heat. Stir occasionally. Heat just until small bubbles form around the edges of the pan and remove from heat.
2. Fill the bottom of a double boiler with water. Bring to a boil over high heat.
3. Combine the boiling water, cocoa, sugar and salt in the top of the double boiler. Place top directly over direct heat and stir for 2 minutes over low heat.
4. Add the cinnamon, cloves, and nutmeg and place the top over the bottom of the double boiler. Add the milk; stir and heat through. Cover the cocoa and keep over hot water for 10 more minutes. Beat with a wire whisk before serving.
Want to play along with us? Here's how to participate in The Book Club Cookbook Cooking Crew #thebookclubcookbookCC:
1. Draw inspiration from the chosen recipe.
2. Blog about it! It doesn't have to be a lengthy post. Just share your dish.
3. Include a linkback to the hosting blog somewhere in your post.
4. Your post must be current to April. Of course,we don't mind if your post is linked to other events. The more, the merrier!
5. Send your entries to me at xxxxxxxxxx (at) yahoo (dot) ca, and please be including:
~Your blog's name and URL
~The name of your dish and the permalink to the specific post you'resubmitting
~Attach a photo of any size (or just give me permission to"pull" one from your post)
~Indicate #thebookclubcookbookCC, especially if you post to other social media
Deadline for submission is: June 30, 2016
*watch for the roundup to be posted shortly after this deadline!
This month Sarah at Thing I Make (for Dinner), this month's host, is giving away two copies of the book.* Enter to win a copy of the cookbook so you can join us in future months, if you wish!
TWO of our lucky readers - US and Canada only! - can enter to win a copy of The Book Club Cookbook, Revised Edition: Recipes and Food for Thought from Your Book Club's Favorite Books and Authors by Judy Gelman and Vicki Levy Krupp, courtesy of Tarcher-Penguin. Giveaway runs from June 1st till June 30th at 6 o'clock PM, Pacific time. Please see terms and conditions in the rafflecopter widget below. Many thanks to Tarcher Books. You may find Tarcher: on the web, on Facebook, on Twitter, and on Pinterest.
*Disclosure: Sarah received a complimentary copy of The Book Club Cookbook, Revised Edition: Recipes and Food for Thought from Your Book Club's Favorite Books and Authors by Judy Gelman and Vicki Levy Krupp as an opportunity to give a copy away. Opinions are our own. We received no further compensation for our posts.