Background

Monday, December 14, 2015

Secret Recipe Club: Sheet Pan Herb Roasted Chicken Dinner

So.
Last week was Group A's reveal for the Secret Recipe Club.  I made Pumpkin Pecan Scones.  They were delicious.  Then Camilla, who I've worked with on other blogger events, was looking for someone to help out an orphan for Group B.  I thought it would be fun, seeing as my mom was coming for the weekend, and I was sure I could come up with a crock pot meal that I could serve after a day of Christmas shopping.
Camilla gave me the blog Cooking Mimi, and I was off!
Mischa has lots of everyday recipes that all look delicious.  She even has a crock pot category on her blog!  But there was nothing that tickled my fancy.  It hasn't been cold enough to be thinking chicken and dumplings (soon!), and I like my sloppy joe recipe.
But her last post...it looked intriguing.  And exactly like a Sunday roast lunch.  I've been seeing sheet pan dinners on Pinterest, and like Mischa, I finally decided I needed to try one.  So for lunch after church on Sunday, we had this.
I present to you now Cooking Mimi's Sheet Pan Herb Roasted Chicken Dinner:

Ingredients:
4 potatoes, scrubbed and cut into large cubes
1 large carrot per person, peeled and cut into sticks
1 chicken breast per person
4 Tbsp vegetable oil, divided
2 Tbsp herb seasoning (I used Epicure Selection Lemon Dilly)

Method:
1.  Preheat oven to 400F.
2.  In a large bowl, toss carrots and potatoes with 2 Tbsp oil and 1 Tbsp herb seasoning.  Spread on a rimmed baking sheet, and roast at 400F for 30 minutes.
3.  In the same bowl, place chicken breasts and toss with remaining oil and seasoning.  Add chicken to baking sheet, and return to oven for 30 more minutes, or until chicken is cooked.  Serve immediately.
From Cooking Mimi

This was so quick, and so easy.  It smelled so good while roasting too.

I used the vegetables as a rack for the chicken.  I have a convection oven, and probably should have lowered the temperature to 375F for the cooking.  The chicken wasn't overcooked, but the carrots got pretty brown in some cases.
But a roasted Sunday dinner in an hour.  Yum.  It's not a crock pot recipe, but it was delicious.  Thanks Mischa!  I had fun checking out your blog!









3 comments:

  1. I bet that did smell heavenly! :D Looks good!! Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays! (from the SRC!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's for covering for me, Sarah! Really appreciate it. And the recipe you selected looks great! I might make it myself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Delicious meal! Visiting from SRC B!

    ReplyDelete