Background

Friday, July 4, 2014

Planning: July 4-10, 2014

So.
It's been a month.  Really.  Between report cards, the end of the year, and grad, I had few shreds of sanity remaining before leaving for a family wedding in Cincinnati and then gallivanting off to Toronto for Canada Day and a Blue Jays game where I got horribly burned shoulders.  With sunscreen.  Argh.
But now that the itching has subsided and we're home until going to Seattle at the end of the month, it's time to start cooking again!
Seeing as we haven't been to the grocery store in weeks, it's going to be an expensive experience at the grocery store today.  Plus, we're having friends over tomorrow, so there's a little more than usual to pick up.  But despite all that, and the fact that I'm going to be making lunches again, it should be a nice week.  The pool is open, there's propane in the tank for the grill, and I'm ready for summer!  Here's what we're eating on the mountain this week:

Lunches

  • The end of the burritos from the freezer.  These have been great.  I have more beans in the freezer, so I'll whip up another batch before I go back to work.
  • Sandwiches, chips and pickles.  Super easy, super quick.
  • Pasta Salad with Broccoli and Peanuts.  There should be enough for 2 days here.
  • Wonton Soup, and maybe fresh bread.  We'll see.
Dinners
I had a look through my Pinterest board, as well as the magazines for some inspirations.  I seem to be eating a lot from Budget Bytes this week.  That's really not a bad thing.
  • Peanut-crusted Chicken, rice, and broccoli
  • We're having people over, so burgers, hot dogs, chips, veggies and Potato Vinagrette.  Those coming are also bringing something.
  • Buffalo Chicken Pizza
  • Chicken, garlic and broccoli Skewers and Foil Potatoes
  • Cheddar Horseradish Burgers
  • Chicken Enchilada Pasta
Desserts
This gets its own category.  Just because.  There's a few things I'm planning:
  • Crunchy Ice Cream Loaf
  • Secret Recipe Club Stuff (coming Monday!)
  • Chocolate Peanut Butter Ice Cream
  • Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffins
When I lay it out like this, it's quite the week.  But it all sounds good.  And think of all the recipes I'll have to share!

1 comment:

  1. I'm anxious to see your SRC pick. I'm in group be so have to wait a few weeks to post. Your menu sounds wonderful. Thank you for linking up to What's for Eats.

    ReplyDelete