Background

Sunday, January 12, 2014

Planning: January 12 - 17, 2014

So.
It's been cold here.  Really cold.  And icy.  This weekend, there's been a melt, and we're hoping that perhaps the above freezing/no rain will at least last until the ice is off the sidewalks.  Cold weather makes me want to stay in and eat things covered with melted cheese.  So there's some of that this week.
As well, I've come to the conclusion that we really need to work on eating to the bottom of the chest freezer.  I found 6 packages of burgers that I would have portioned out this summer.  We need to start using up the frozen meat from around here.
As a result, this week is more simple, filling stuff that we like and can make quickly.  and contains melty cheese.  Well, sometimes that's true.
Here's what's on tap this week:
Sunday:  I was looking for recipes and found one in The Looneyspoons Collection that sounded good.  I'm not making it, per se because there are some things in my fridge that need to be used up, but it was the inspiration for pizza.
Monday:  Our favourite dinner salad, the Chicken Fajita salad and garlic bread.
Tuesday:  Baked ham, mashed potatoes and broccoli.  I found the ham while freezer diving.
Wednesday:  Leftovers
Thursday:  Burgers.  We need to start somewhere.
Friday:  Not sure.  There are options, mostly involving pasta.
Sounds like a good week at home.  We'll see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment