Background

Thursday, February 4, 2016

#FreshTastyValentines: UnCommon Goods

So.

While I don't have a recipe today, I've had so much fun going through this sponsor's website.  Today, we talk about barware.  Specifically, my life and relationships through glasses.  You'd think the people I know and I were lushes or something:





UnCommon Goods has been an interesting site to browse.  They have many fun items, but I've really concentrated on the barware and glassware.
I found things that perhaps I should put on either my birthday or Christmas list.  But I'd thought I'd share with you some of the things that I would put on a shelf and admire, trying to think of just the right thing to put in them.








How great would these be as a wedding gift?  When my friend Heather got married, I threw her a shower.  Seeing as she didn't need anything for setting up housekeeping, I threw her a bar shower and we all gave her booze and bar ware.  I wish I'd given her H + S glasses.  You can find them here.

I also find these interesting.  I have a number of friends who enjoy a wee dram, but I don't get it and it leaves me with questions.  What keeps whiskey stones so cold?  Why are these glasses different shapes?  What makes people like whiskey?  The world may never know.  But you can buy them here.

Really, this is a gift for friends who are willing to cook together in the kitchen.  I am not willing to share.  There will never be a Sarah & J cutting board in my house.  But I think it's cute.  And everyone needs a good wood cutting board.  You can find this one here.

J and I do enjoy frosty chocolate milkshakes together.  We don't make them ourselves, but are always on the hunt for the best ones in our area.  These glasses have the recipe for vanilla milkshakes on them, but they're super cute, and you can always add chocolate syrup and see what happens.  You, too can have the recipe for a milkshake in your cupboard if you shop here.  Not that that's dangerous or anything.
Finally, in honour of report card writing and reading season, I present to you the fine line between sanity and madness...or good days and bad.  I love these on so many levels.  Once again, so many questions spring to mind.  Are we only happy until the cocktail is half gone?  Does the line leave a headspace in the glass, or does your cup truly runneth over if you're an optimist?  How would we check?  How many parents could use one of these glasses next week when report cards go home?  Once again, the world may never know.  But you too can have these questions roll through your mind while drinking if you shop here.





Thanks for being one of the #FreshTastyValentines sponsors, UnCommon Goods!  Your products made me smile, and made me go, "Ooooh!"  You can enter the giveaway here.

Full Disclosure:  I received a gift certificate from UnCommon Goods for participating in #FreshTastyValentines.  I received no other compensation for this post, and all opinions expressed are my own.


3 comments:

  1. I completely missed those milkshake glasses! How fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love their style. UnCommon Goods has something for everyone!

    ReplyDelete