Background

Saturday, January 4, 2014

Planning: January 5 - 10, 2014

So.
It's a little crazy that it's 2014.  I was reading a Buzzfeed thing the other day that was something along the lines of "20 Things that will Make You Feel Ancient", and many of them did; but the most telling was the one that announced that children born in the year 2000 are graduating out of Grade 8 this Spring.  Yikes.  I had been teaching a couple of years when they started school.  That's crazy too.
What's not crazy is the fact that J and I are back trying to eat at home and making a classic along with a couple of new things this week.
Here's what's up for dinner this week:

Sunday:  It's soup weather, and J has requested Italian Wedding soup, which I haven't made in forever.  So that's what we're having.  That will make lunches for this week too.
Monday:  I have a parent council meeting, assuming there's school (Snowmageddon is supposed to arrive Sunday night - fingers crossed...fingers crossed) so we're grilling burgers for something easy.
Tuesday:  It's been forever since I made anything from the Looneyspoons Collection so I cracked it open this weekend for meal planning. I've come up with 2 for this week.  The first is Chicken Pot Pie.  J says he doesn't like chicken pot pie, so we'll see what happens.
Wednesday:  Leftovers
Thursday:  Another Looneyspoons recipe, an Asian-inspired dinner salad with leftovers for Friday lunch. 

Looks like a good week!  Full steam ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment