Background

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Dinner with Friends: Chicken Parmesan Bake

So.
I've actually started making new things again.  It's very exciting.  Pinterest has been a fount of new ideas that for the most part have worked out well. 
I find that if I'm having people in for a meal, I'm more than likely to make new things.  If they don't work, I have people to help eat the disaster, and if they do work, it's a good meal.  I don't make a lot of disasters, but there are some things that work out better than others.
This is the story of something that could have worked out slightly better.  I need to learn how to tell time.  But despite being a little overcooked, this is something I'd make again. 
I present to you now Food Wishes' Chicken Parmesan Bake:


Ingredients:
4-6 Chicken Breasts
3 Tbsp prepared Pesto
1 Jar pasta sauce (I used PC sundried tomato and roasted garlic)
2 c shredded mozzarella
1/4 c parmesan cheese
1 pkg garlic butter croutons

Method:
1.  Preheat oven to 350F
2.  Spread pesto in the bottom of a 9x13 pan.  Place chicken breasts in the pan.
3.  Pour pasta sauce over the chicken and sprinkle with half the cheese.  Pour croutons over the chicken, spreading evenly.  Top with remaining cheese.
4.  Bake uncovered for 35 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.
Adapted from Food Wishes

This went together quickly, and I put it in the oven when my company arrived before pouring the wine for predinner chatting.
See the dark?  That's the overly toasted parmesan cheese.  I left the chicken in too long.  It was cooked, juicy, and delicious.  I loved the croutons on the top.    Everyone loved the chicken.
Just remember to check it after 35 minutes, not 45.

No comments:

Post a Comment