Background

Friday, August 10, 2012

Go To Meal: Saucy Mexican Chicken

So.
According to the What's Cooking that this recipe was in, this is a heart healthy recipe.  I would agree that it probably is.  The black beans add fibre, the tomatoes have lycopene, and the chicken pieces aren't that large.  It does get better the more cheese you add to it too.
I have a mostly hate relationship with low fat cheese.  I think it comes from living in France and eating the good stuff for too long.  Low fat cheese doesn't really melt, and I always question what it's *really* made of.  But there's enough other stuff to counterbalance the cheese, and this is delicious on a bed of rice with a side of green veg like broccoli.
I present to you now the as healthy as you want it to be Saucy Mexican Chicken from What's Cooking:


Ingredients:

1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts
2 c salsa
1 can black beans, rinsed
1 cup Shredded Cheese

Method:



1.  Cook chicken in nonstick skillet on medium-high heat on each side until browned.
2.  Add salsa and beans. Bring to boil; cover. Simmer on medium-low heat 5 min. or until chicken is done.

3.  Top with cheese. Remove from heat and let stand, covered, 5 min. or until cheese is melted.
From Kraft Canada

See?  Look how important the melty cheese is!  There are four pieces of chicken in there.  Honest.  It's a simple recipe that goes together fast and goes down easy.
Here it is...on very yellow rice.  I don't know.  Maybe I had a Sidekick that needed to be used?  Maybe my camera?  Meh.  It's still tasty.



No comments:

Post a Comment