Background

Saturday, July 5, 2014

Bride of Magazine Challenge: Summer Edition

So.
It's halfway through year 2 of the Magazine Challenge.  I am so glad that this month is a double issue.  I need some time to catch up.  According to my stats, I've made 21 recipes so far from the 5 - 2006 issues of Everyday Food that I've perused so far this year.  What's good about this is that I've made more than 4 things per month of the magazine, especially when you consider how little I cooked in June.  But I do need the summer to rest, recuperate, and catch up.  There are some salads that I marked that I haven't made yet.  J and I will be eating those for lunch in the coming months.
The July/August issue of the magazine is perfect for summer:  it's the grilling issue.  I was interested in a couple of the burger recipes, and the shop once eat for a week has a menu that I actually want to make all of.  I'm thinking perhaps next week for 5 days.  You grill things and reserve parts for future nights.  I'd like to try and keep up.  As well, there are some really good looking desserts.  Being home all the time means that we're going to go through more dessert.
Here's what looks good from the 2006 issue of Everyday Food:

  • Crunchy Ice Cream Loaf
  • Salmon with Mustard Sauce and Asparagus
  • Grilled Steak and Potato Salad
  • Garlic Marinated Chicken with Grilled Potatoes
  • Cobb Salad
  • Grilled Vegetables Tostadas
  • Cheddar Horseradish Burgers
  • Tandoori Style Chicken Burgers
  • Chocolate Ricotta Icebox Cake
  • Rustic Plum Tart
  • Raspberry Buckle
11 recipes.  That makes sense for a 2 month issue.  Let's see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment