Background

Sunday, December 1, 2013

Magazine Challenge: December

So.
It's amazing in some ways that I've managed to make as many recipes as I have from Everyday Food.  It's going to be interesting during the Retrospective at the end of this month to see what I've made, what I've liked, and what I'll never make again.  I'm also interested to know exactly how many magazine recipes I've made.  I know it's not 6 per month, but I'd like to know.
I'm currently toying if I want to continue into 2006 next year.  There have been some winners in what I've made.  But I'm getting ahead of myself.
December is full of rich food, and things to freeze for later.  I've tried to strike a balance of the two, and not too many desserts.  There's also the challenge of puff pastry, something I've always wanted to try making.  Cream puffs give that chance.  Here's what I'd like to make from the 2005 issue of Everyday Food:
  1. Chili-rubbed Steak and Salad
  2. Salmon Cakes with Lemon Herb Sauce
  3. Pastitsio
  4. Cream Puffs with Ice Cream and Hot Fudge Sauce
  5. Green Beans with Caramelized Shallots
  6. Mini Cherry-Pecan Streusel Loaves
  7. Black Bottom Coconut Bars
  8. Mulled Wine
Quite the list.  We obviously need to have people in.  Let's see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment