Background

Friday, July 5, 2013

Pintertest Kitchen: Pecan Pie Muffins

So.
I'm a day late on Pintertest Kitchen.  I decided it didn't matter.  Summer and all.  I'm running behind.
But whatever.  I spent a day cooking this week.  It was awesome.  I haven't spent a day like that in a while, and it was totally worth it.  One thing I made was this pin:
I am still using the pecans my father bought me before he died.  Dad would stop at Adcock's in Georgia and stock up for mom and me.  I keep them in the freezer and use them often.  I still have halves, meal, and pieces in my freezer.  These are a perfect way to use them.
I present to you now Southern Living's Pecan Pie Muffins:


Ingredients:
1 c brown sugar
1 c chopped pecans
1/2 c flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 c butter, melted
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla

Method:
1.  Stir together first 4 ingredients in a bowl.  Melt butter, beat in eggs and vanilla.
2.  Add wet ingredients to dry, stirring just until moistened.  Spoon into paper-lined muffin tins, filling each about half way.
3.  Bake at 425F for 10-12 minutes.  Makes 12 muffins.
Adapted from Southern Living

I made some changes to the original recipe.  The original was mini muffins, and there was an extra teaspoon of finely chopped pecans in the bottom of each cup.  I decided that that really wasn't necessary.  Things went together quickly, and didn't make a whole lot of dishes.
I decided to only fill half full, and I'm glad I did.  These are a rich treat.  I would recommend the papers because the reviews of the muffins talked about how they stuck to the pan.  What was kind of scary was the oil that was left in the bottom of the pan when I lifted the muffins out.  Remember how I said these were a treat?
So, I overbaked my muffins.  Sigh.  Never play Candy Crush Saga while baking (CURSE YOU LEVEL 70!!!! *Shakes my fist at the sky*)
But that just made the exterior crunchy.
These are divine.  They are little pecan bites that are much like a pie without making pie crust.
Pie with no crust FTW!!







Today, I'm Keeping Up with the Johnsons!  You totally should too!

1 comment:

  1. I love all things Southern Living. And I want 24 of those for breakfast. Today. Even overbaked. I'm ok with that. And wait until you get to level 147. Thanks for linking up!!

    ReplyDelete