Background

Thursday, July 26, 2012

Leftovers: Pork Fried Rice

So.
After the success of the pork tenderloin, we had some leftover pork.  In the latest issue of What's Cooking, they had an Asian Pork Tenderloin, and a Pork Fried Rice to make with the second one.  While I used the Balsamic Grilled recipe in the first place, I saved the second tenderloin to make this.
I present to you now What's Cooking's Pork Fried Rice:


Ingredients:

1 egg
1 tsp water
2 Tbsp Asian Sesame Dressing
1 cup chopped cooked pork tenderloin
1-1/3 cups cooked long-grain white rice
1 Tbsp soy sauce
1 carrot, coarsely shredded
2 green onions, thinly sliced

Method:

1.  Beat egg and water with fork until well blended. Add to large nonstick skillet; cook on medium until set, stirring occasionally. Transfer to bowl; chop into small pieces.
2.  Add dressing and meat to skillet; stir-fry on medium-high heat. Add rice and soy sauce; stir-fry 3 min. Add carrots and onions and stir-fry until heated through. Remove from heat; stir in egg.
From Kraft Canada



 I think this may have been the most successful omelet I have ever made.  I should scramble my eggs with water more often.
I used bagged shredded carrots, which made it easy, and the rice that I made at the same time as the rice for the Mexican Chicken casserole.  It went together fast, and we got 2 meals out of it.  It was even better the next day.

 

2 comments:

  1. The subject of this week's Food on Friday on Carole's Chatter is Pork. It would be great if you linked this in. This is the link .

    Ps I am now following your blog. If you like Carole's Chatter it would be great if you followed me back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for linking in. please pop back in a while when there should be a good collection of pork ideas. Cheers

    ReplyDelete